Cassie Ventura Breaks Silence After Diddy Abuse Footage Surfaces: A Call to Believe Victims

In a powerful Instagram post on Thursday, May 23, singer Cassie Ventura, known professionally as Cassie, publicly addressed for the first time the harrowing abuse she suffered at the hands of her ex-partner, music mogul

Cassie Ventura and Sean 'Diddy' Combs. (PHOTO: VIA PEOPLE, SARA JAYE WEISS/SHUTTERSTOCK; KATHY HUTCHINS/SHUTTERSTOCK)
Cassie Ventura and Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs. (PHOTO: VIA PEOPLE, SARA JAYE WEISS/SHUTTERSTOCK; KATHY HUTCHINS/SHUTTERSTOCK)

Sean “Diddy” Combs. This statement follows the emergence of a 2016 video that shows Cassie being physically abused by Diddy, an incident that has brought renewed attention to the issue of domestic violence.

Cassie, 37, expressed deep gratitude for the overwhelming support she has received since the video’s release. “Thank you for all of the love and support from my family, friends, strangers and those I have yet to meet,” she wrote.

She emphasized the importance of this support in her healing journey, explaining that “the outpouring of love has created a place for my younger self to settle and feel safe now.”

In her post, Cassie highlighted the enduring impact of domestic violence. “But this is only the beginning,” she said. “Domestic Violence is THE issue. It broke me down to someone I never thought I would become.

With a lot of hard work, I am better today, but I will always be recovering from the past.” She acknowledged that while she has made significant progress, the process of healing is ongoing. “This healing journey is never ending, but this support means everything to me,” she added.

The video in question, which surfaced on May 17, shows Diddy kicking, dragging, and throwing objects at Cassie as she attempts to leave a hotel room. The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office stated they are unable to charge Diddy in connection with the video due to the statute of limitations.

This footage has reignited conversations around Cassie’s previous allegations against Diddy, which she first made public in a lawsuit filed in November last year. The lawsuit accused Diddy of rape and sex trafficking over the course of their tumultuous ten-year relationship.

In her November statement, Cassie explained her motivation for coming forward. “After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships,” she said.

She filed the lawsuit ahead of the expiration of New York’s Adult Survivors Act, seeing it as an opportunity to share her truth and advocate for other survivors.

Diddy, 54, has vehemently denied these allegations. His attorney labeled the claims as “offensive and outrageous,” asserting that they were attempts by individuals seeking financial gain. Despite this, the damning surveillance footage has forced Diddy to publicly confront his past actions.

Following the video’s release, Diddy took to Instagram to address the incident. “ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy,” he initially stated. However, his stance shifted after the video was published by CNN.

“It’s so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life,” he admitted in an Instagram video. “Sometimes you gotta do that. I was f—ed up. I mean I hit rock bottom but I make no excuses. My behavior on that video is inexcusable.”

Diddy acknowledged his actions and issued an apology. “I take full responsibility for my actions in that video,” he stated, captioning his post with an apology, “I’m truly sorry.”

In her recent post, Cassie called on the public to believe victims of abuse. “My only ask is that EVERYONE open your heart to believing victims the first time,” she wrote, emphasizing the courage it takes to speak out against one’s abuser.

Sean 'Diddy' Combs and Cassie Ventura at the 2018 Met Gala. (PHOTO: VIA PEOPLE, ANGELA WEISS/AFP VIA GETTY)
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs and Cassie Ventura at the 2018 Met Gala. (PHOTO: VIA PEOPLE, ANGELA WEISS/AFP VIA GETTY)

Cassie addressed other survivors directly, offering them a message of solidarity and encouragement. “I offer my hand to those that are still living in fear,” she said. “Reach out to your people, don’t cut them off. No one should carry this weight alone.”

Cassie’s decision to break her silence marks a significant moment in the ongoing dialogue about domestic violence and the importance of supporting survivors.

Her bravery in sharing her story serves as a powerful reminder of the pervasive nature of abuse and the critical need for empathy and belief in those who come forward with their experiences.

Sharing Is Caring:

Leave a Comment